To make training accessible to a larger audience, we have introduced two new training methods. Our most popular IOSH training courses are available through eLearning or Virtual Learning.
What is Virtual Learning?
Virtual Learning is one method of our training courses. When attending a Virtual Learning course, you will be learning with a trainer and a few peers over a video chat platform like Zoom. This mimics our classroom courses, except you are not meeting in person to learn, and instead, you are learning from wherever you want to.
Our virtual courses follow the full syllabus, and you will gain the course qualification and official certificate from the awarding body just like the classroom-based course.
Due to how Virtual Learning is carried out, we can offer plenty of our courses through this training method. You can see a complete list of these at the bottom of this page.
Benefits to learning via Virtual Training
- Time and cost-efficient. With no travelling to a venue, you can attend the course from your own home or workplace. Saving you both time and money.
- Social distancing. While our classroom courses are only open if safe, it is easier to socially distance when you avoid a room with other people and the necessary commute.
- A real trainer will deliver your course in real-time, allowing you to interact similarly as a classroom course. Plus lots of new games and activities made possible by technology.
- Free test calls to get you set up. One of our staff will guide you through getting set up to ensure no issues on the day.
- Collaborate with others on your course. With breakout rooms, your trainer will pair you up with others who are training to work together to understand the topic further.
- Online Assessments. From start to finish, you can complete the whole course virtually with assessments carried out through Microsoft Forms.
What is eLearning
eLearning is another method of learning, with a focus on flexibility and independent learning. We have built a powerful eLearning platform to ensure that learning is easy, correct and impactful for all of our delegates, giving you the best chance at succeeding in your course. eLearning consists of logging in to the platform on any device like a PC, mobile or tablet and completing lessons and assessments to complete the course. Access support at any time via our live chat, email or schedule a call with your tutor.
Benefits to learning via eLearning
- Learn anywhere, anytime! With eLearning, you can be as flexible as you’d like. You are learning in your own time, wherever you would like to.
- It’s cost-effective. On some occasions, you can save over 30% by learning via eLearning.
- Start your learning immediately. You can start learning from the moment that you book, no need to wait to get stuck in!
- Monitor your performance as you go. Our eLearning platform tells you the percentage of how far through you are, with feedback on how well you are doing.
- Fully independent learning. Unlike our virtual or classroom-based learning, there are no other learners to distract you when taking our eLearning course.
- Full trainer support when needed. Our trainers are happy to help with any questions or queries you may have and will support you in any way that they can.
Current courses we offer via Virtual Learning
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely – Refresher
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- CITB Health and Safety Awareness
- CITB SSSTS (Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme)
- CITB SSSTS – Refresher
- CITB SMSTS
- CITB SMSTS – Refresher
- CITB Temporary Works Coordinator
- CITB Temporary Works Supervisor
Current courses we offer via eLearning
If you have any questions regarding Virtual Learning or eLearning, use our live chat to talk directly to one of our staff. Alternatively, call us on 0800 0213 263.
We still offer to carry out most of our courses via our traditional classroom based learning or train staff directly on-site.
You can follow us on social media to keep up to date on any news to our eLearning platform here https://twitter.com/PSS_Training