What is the CITB SSSTS Course?
SSSTS stands for Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme. After completing this course you will have the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively supervise and manage safety on construction sites. By the time you have completed your SSSTS course, you will understand what is expected of you as a supervisor or manager, how you can make a positive contribution to health and safety on site and importantly, why you are being asked to keep high standards of health and safety.
Your CITB SSSTS course certificate will be valid for 5 years.
The CITB SSSTS course can be delivered face-to-face in a classroom or virtually via Zoom.
What will I learn on the CITB SSSTS Course?
You will cover the following content on the CITB SSSTS course:
- Health and safety law and regulations that apply to the construction industry and your legal responsibilities as a site supervisor or manager
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture on site and your role in maintaining high standards
- Understand the principles of risk assessment and importance of hazard identification
- Learn techniques for assessing and controlling risks on construction sites
- Develop the skills to conduct effective 'toolbox talks', safety briefings and clear instructions
For a full list of the course objectives, see the Course Content.
Who is the CITB SSSTS Course for?
This course is an ideal qualification if you are already working, entering or aspiring to work in a supervisors or managers role on construction sites. It is suitable for a range of job roles, including construction site supervisors, site managers, foremen and project managers.
The CITB SSSTS Course is a 2-day course.
Mandatory entry requirements
You will need to be able to read and write English to complete this course, there are no other formal requirements.