As people have continued to embrace technology, it’s the perfect time to try virtual training. Most major awarding bodies have continued to allow accredited training providers like Project Skills Solutions to deliver virtual training.
Our virtual courses follow the full syllabus, and you will gain the course qualification and official certificate from the awarding body just like the classroom-based course.
Benefits of virtual training
- Time and cost-efficient. With no travelling to a venue, you can attend the course from your own home or workplace. Saving you both time and money.
- Accessible and comfortable. With no need to drive or take public transport, virtual courses are more accessible. In addition, learning from your own home or workplace means you are in a familiar and comfortable environment when attending your course.
- A real trainer will deliver your course in real-time, allowing you to interact in the same way as a classroom course. Plus lots of new games and activities made possible by technology.
Watch our video below to find out how virtual training can work for you.
Same great training. New improved experience.
Our virtual courses recreate the interaction you get during a classroom course, with new and creative ways to make learning fun. All while allowing you to socially distance and saving you and your organisation money.
You take a course using your computer, Tablet or notebook connected over the internet to a real trainer without the need to leave your home or workplace.
- Computer / Laptop / Tablet with camera and microphone.
- Broadband Internet. Zoom recommend 1.5Mbps up/down. That’s about a 3G connection, meaning you could even attend the course on your phone. However, we recommend using a broadband connection to reduce any connectivity issues. Check your internet speed here and clicking ‘run speed test’.
- Zoom. It’s free to signup and you can download here.
Our delegates often tell us they didn’t realise just how much they’d get from the course. Conversations about challenges in their workplace often lead to actionable improvements to take back the next day. Throughout your course, you’ll have the same opportunities to ask questions within the group or in a breakout conversation privately with your tutor.
Take a look at our support blog which is updated regularly with short videos and step by step guides you’ll find useful during your course.
What speed should my internet and computer be? You can find a full list of requirements for Zoom on their website.
If you’re concerned that your system may not be able to run zoom smoothly, email us at [email protected] and we can set up a test call with you.
How many people will be on the course? Our virtual courses are limited to 10 delegates, although the platform allows for more, we believe 10 is a good group size to allow for breakout exercises, plenty of interaction, and an opportunity to ask questions in the group or directly to your tutor privately.
The virtual classroom will it differ much from a classroom course: There should be very little difference as the trainer will follow the required syllabus and learning hours. There may be more breaks (bite-size blocks) replacing the longer breaks required on classroom course.
You’ll also take part in activities designed for virtual courses. Taking advantage of modern technologies, there are games and quizzes to improve your learning experience. Here is some information on how the Virtual course works.
Do I still get the same qualification as a classroom-based training course? Yes, there are no changes to the course content, learning objectives or assessment criteria. Meaning you gain the same qualification (subject to you passing the assessment) as you would in a classroom. We can assure you that we will deliver the virtual training as effectively as classroom training.
How do you take the assessment on the virtual course? It will be carried out under exam conditions with the trainer monitoring all candidates taking the course through their webcams. You’ll receive a declaration to sign (virtually), showing you agree with the assessment rules before starting your assessment. Your assessment will be sent to you via a link before it starts and the trainer will make sure you have received and can open it before you start. Any breach of the rules will result in the candidate being excluded in the same way as a classroom-based assessment.
Will I be issued a certificate or card the same as a classroom-based training course? Yes on successful completion of the course and passing the assessment then we will apply for your certificate or card as an (ATO) approved centre. Once the awarding body issues the certificate or card, we will send it to you within the normal timescales.