If you physically set up Signing, Lighting and Guarding equipment yourself you will need the NRSWA Unit 2 course.
The NRSWA Unit 10 is a 1 day course, once completed candidates are certified to supervise the setting out of traffic lights, signs, cones and barriers in compliance with NRSWA.
You will be assessed during the course and will have to complete the part B question paper.
You must also provide evidence from the work place where the assessment is carried out on a simulated site.
*Please note that this course does not certify candidates to undertake the setting out of signing, lighting and guarding. You must take NRSWA Unit 2.
NRSWA Unit 10
Project Skills Solutions run NRSWA Unit 10 open courses nationwide every week. If you cannot find a suitable date please contact us phone/chat/email and we will help as best we can.
You will be taught how to:
- Provide a detailed plan for an intended site, preferably from a real road, showing all distances and dimensions in accordance with the Safety at Streetworks and Road Works Code of Practice.
- Make formative decisions and recommend remedial action from a given plan.
- Observe an operative surveying a work site and record observations and remedial action required from the site plan.
- Observe an operative setting up and taking down a site.
- Record observations made and explain reasons for agreeing or disagreeing with site operations and working practices.
- Explain any remedial action required.