Who is the SA051C Smart Award for?
The SA051C - Leaning Ladder and Flat Roof course has been developed with Tetra to provide those who work from leaning ladders and roof ladders, are already trained to use and inspect those ladders but are without training to prevent a fall.
What will you learn?
This specialised training will introduce delegates to items of personal fall protection equipment that enables them to reach their working position whilst maintaining three points of contact. On successful completion of this course, you will be able to carry out inspections of fall protection equipment before use and use it safely - in line with up-to-date, approved methods and manufacturer's instructions. Delegates will gain an understanding of legislation associated with the use of leaning ladders and flat roof ladders and have practical skills that follow current best practice.
SA051C - Leaning Ladder and Flat Roof Course Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of UK legislation including the Work at Height Regulations
- Understand the difference between fall arrest/work restraint and the importance of correct anchorage
- Understand the method for fitting, usage and user inspection of equipment specified for SA051C
- Understand the access and working procedures for portable leaning ladder usage on elevations, poles and at low level
- Demonstrate the method for securing and using fall protection equipment on portable leaning ladders for access
- Gain knowledge of Self Rescue Awareness
This SA051C training course combines theory and practical training methods to ensure delegates gain the knowledge required to prepare them for their assessment. Practical demonstrations and hands-on training is conducted throughout the course.
This training has been designed and delivered to meet BS 8454:2006 code of practice for the delivery of training and education for work at height rescue.