NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation
The NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation course via e-learning is delivered in association with the accredited learning partner 807, Astutis. This 7-hour e-learning qualification teaches learners how non-complex incidents can be investigated effectively. By learning lessons and making improvements, organisations can avoid similar incidents occurring in the future and improve their company’s safety performance. The course has been developed jointly between NEBOSH and the HSE.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively. Employers, supervisors, Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) champions, unions and safety representatives will benefit.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand why incident investigations are carried out and how human and organisational factors contribute to incidents.
- Understand how to investigate incidents and confidently carry out an investigation.
Benefits for Employers
- With staff able to conduct effective investigations into minor incidents, your company can learn lessons from the past to improve its future.
- This course will also improve the safety culture within your organisation by encouraging a proactive approach to incident investigation amongst your staff.
- An educated workforce will be far more engaged with the investigation process. This means a thorough investigation is more likely to be carried out and more useful lessons taken away.
Benefits for Learners
- Independently investigate simple incidents.
- Produce an action plan to prevent a reoccurrence of an incident.
- Positively impact the safety culture in their organisation.
- Gather evidence, including witness interviews.
- Contribute to team investigations for large-scale incidents