What is IPAF Harness Training?
You will learn how to select, inspect and use harnesses and associated safety PPE when using a Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP). The IPAF Harness training course runs over a half-day and is accredited by The International Powered Access Federation (IPAF). IPAF training courses are globally recognised and developed by leading industry professionals.
IPAF Harness Training Course Outline:
- IPAF technical guidance on harnesses
- Harness wearing: how to put a harness on
- Harness adjustment: ensure delegates know how to adjust a harness so it is correctly fitted and has no slack
- Lanyard adjustment: correct adjusting for the machine and the delegates
- Attachment to MEWP: delegates will know where the designated anchor point is found and ensure the karabiner is locked
- Proof of inspection: Delegates will know to check if each harness has proof of inspection
Who Should Attend an IPAF Training Course?
The International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) strongly recommends a full body harness with an adjustable lanyard (used to provide work restraint and adjusted to be as short as possible) is used when working from a boom-type MEWP. If as part of your job you operate from a boom-type MEWP, then this course has been developed by IPAF for you.
The consequences of poorly fitted harnesses or incorrect product selection can be fatal, therefore training is vital for the safety of those operating from a MEWP.
On successful completion of your course, you will have the Harness (H) Category added to your PAL (Powered Access Licence) and the certificate is valid for 5 years. If you do not have a current PAL card, then you will be awarded your certificate only. If you have any questions about your how your certificate will be issued, please contact our team.