CPCS Lorry Loader Training (A36)
A lorry loader is is a large machine that helps lift and move heavy materials and machinery. It's typically mounted on the back of a lorry or truck and consists of a crane with a hydraulic arm or boom that can be extended and retracted. Lorry loaders are used a lot in construction and transportation, and people who operate lorry loaders need special training to do it safely. The CPCS A36 Lorry Loader training course is designed for beginners and people who have some experience. By the end of the course, you'll be ready to take the CPCS tests and become a certified Lorry Loader Operator.
Knowledge and Skills covered during your lorry loader training will include:
- Different Components of the lorry loader and the functions
- Safe operation of the lorry loader
- How to plan and then complete lifting and loading operations
- Maintenance of the lorry loader
- How to respond to unexpected or emergency situations during lifting and loading operations
Foundation training courses are for beginners and those with some experience. These courses run over 3 days.
If you are more experienced in operating lorry loaders, we can offer a 2-day course. Please call a member of our team to book this course.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Hold the relevant CITB health, safety and environment test, passed no more than two years before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.