CPCS Forklift Training (A16)
A lorry loader is is a large machine that helps lift and move heavy materials and machinery. It's typically mounted on the back of a lorry or truck and consists of a crane with a An industrial forklift, also known as a heavy-duty forklift, is a type of forklift designed for heavy-duty use in industrial applications such as warehouses, ports, construction sites, and manufacturing facilities. Compared to regular forklifts, industrial forklifts are larger and have a greater lifting capacity, typically ranging from 13,000 to 80,000 pounds.
Industrial forklifts have a variety of unique features that make them suitable for handling heavy loads in challenging environments. For example, they have reinforced frames, larger tires, and powerful engines to support their heavy lifting capabilities. They are also equipped with hydraulic systems that allow for precise control of the lifting and lowering of heavy loads.
Another significant difference between industrial forklifts and regular forklifts is their specialized attachments. Industrial forklifts often have specialized attachments such as paper roll clamps, fork positioners, and side shifters that allow them to handle a variety of loads with ease. Project Skills Solutions offer the CPCS A16 Forklift training course available for both beginner and experienced operators. By the end of the course, you'll be ready to take the CPCS tests and become a certified Industrial Forklift Operator.
Knowledge and Skills covered during your industrial forklift training will include:
- Health and safety legislation relating to forklift operations
- Understand the main forklift components
- Safe operation of the forklift: loading and unloading, avoiding overloading, manoeuvring in different environments, and transportation
- Maintenance checks and daily safety checks
- How to properly shut down and secure the forklift when it is not being used
- Communication with other members of the team including the use of hand signals
Foundation training courses are for beginners and those with some experience. These courses run over 3 days.
If you are more experienced in operating industrial forklifts, we can offer a 2-day course. Please call a member of our team to book this course.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Hold the relevant CITB health, safety and environment test, passed no more than two years before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.