CPCS Slinger/Signaller (A40) in Northampton
Corby, Northampton Courses rated 4.85 stars by reviews.co.uk based on 505 customer reviews1 North Folds Road,
Oakley Hay Industrial Estate,
GB 0800 0213 263 £1360.00-£1360.00
The CPCS Slinger/Signaller (A40) course Northampton is designed for delegates with limited or no experience of slinging and signalling. The CPCS Slinger Signaller course teaches you how to safely guide lifting equipment on a construction site, including how to communicate with crane operators, check equipment, and follow site safety rules.
What Is The Slinger/Signaller (A40) Course?
The Slinger/Signaller is one of the most important jobs on a construction site. It requires a high degree of skill, diligence and concentration. Working alongside the lifting teams, Slinger/Signallers provide safe direction to the crane operators. Their main responsibility is to ensure the safety of the operators and any other workers on-site visitors that could be at risk.
What happens on a Slinger Signaller Course in Northampton?
Most CPCS courses will run in the following format:
- Day 1 – mostly theory-based classroom training. This is to ensure that you are confident with the theory aspect before you go out and complete the practical training. Depending on how your theory learning goes, you may get practical training for some of the day on your first day.
- The next 2 days of learning is usually putting your theory knowledge into practice by completing the practical exercises of your training.
- On the final day of your course, you will complete your theory test preparation by completing mock exam questions, and then complete your actual assessment: the CPCS technical tests.
On your CPCS Slinger Signaller training Northampton, you will cover the following main aims:
- Establish the weight and dimensions of loads, communicating this information to the crane operator
- Select appropriate lifting tackle, attach and detach it correctly and safely
- Use clear and unambiguous signals to direct the actions of crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions
- Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories, maintain and store them correctly
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS)
Delegates seeking a CPCS course usually have an idea of the category they need, usually being a requirement of the work they are undertaking or about to undertake. If you have any doubts about the qualification/category you need please speak with your manager or the company you are about to begin work with as we cannot specify the category you need.
The CPCS covers a large range of plant categories, the Construction Plant Competence Scheme uses both practical and written assessments to ensure you are competent in your chosen category. These assessments are taken at the end of your training.
2. Attend training days in your chosen category
3. At the end of your training, complete your category assessments (assessment fees are included in your course price)
4. Receive your Trained Operator (red) or Competent Operator (blue) card
Teaching & Assessment on CPCS Slinger Signaller Northampton
- 3 days training – classroom-based tutorials & practical exercises
- 1 days assessment – CPCS technical tests
Mandatory Entry Requirements
- CITB Health, Safety & Environment test needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken & written English