Horsham, West Sussex rated 4.85 stars by reviews.co.uk based on 505 customer reviews
Horsham, West Sussex NRSWA Operative Courses
The New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) Operative course will teach you the skills needed to carry out work to the standards of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 – the legal framework for street works. This will include the mechanisms for recognising competence in excavation and reinstatement in the highway.
If you are supervising those undertaking the excavation and reinstatement of highways you will need the supervisor course.
NRSWA Courses In A Modern & Professional Training Venue
We ensure our training venue’s are to a high standard as we believe this is equally important for our delegate’s learning experience.
Our venues always provide;
- an unlimited supply of refreshments
- good transportation links
- onsite or nearby parking
- a modern & professional training venue
Our trainer’s at Project Skills Solutions are fully qualified and trained to deliver our health and safety courses. With extensive experience in the industry and years of teaching, our trainer’s provide highly informative courses, whilst being interactive and enjoyable. Our courses are carefully panned out as our trainer’s follow the NRSWA course guidelines to ensure our delegates gain the most from their learning experience, whilst adding their own unique flare which what makes our courses not only knowledgeable, but also an enjoyable experience.
NRSWA Operative Course Content
- 001 (now LA) – Location & Avoidance of Underground Apparatus
- 002 (now O1) – Signing, Lighting & Guarding
- 003 (now O2) – Excavation In The Highway
- 004 (now O3) – Reinstatement & Compaction of Backfill Materials
- 005 (now O4) – Reinstatement of Sub Base & Road In Non Bituminous Materials
- 006 (now O5) – Reinstatement of Cold-Lay Bituminous Materials
- 007 (now O6) – Reinstatement of Hot Lay Bituminous Materials (subject to centre)
- 008 (now O7) – Reinstatement of Concrete Slabs (subject to centre)
- 009 (now O8) – Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces & Concrete Footways
- Each unit of competence is assessed by written & oral questioning
- Each unit of competence is assessed practically by observation
- Some units require the candidates to produce sketches
- Some units require the candidates to carry out risk assessments
Please note it is of high importance to bring the following items with you on your course as it will not be provided for you.
- Fluorescent Jacket Long-sleeve
- Overalls/Work Clothes (shorts are not allowed)
- Safety Boots
- Waterproof Clothing
- Ear Defenders
- Hard Hat
- FFP3 Dust Mask
- A passport sized photograph of yourself (this should not be the size of a passport. For further details on a passport sized picture please click here)