NRSWA LA (Unit 1) – Cat & Genny Training
Brentwood, Essex NRSWA Unit 1 Courses rated 4.85 stars by reviews.co.uk based on 505 customer reviews
NRSWA LA (Unit 1) Courses
The New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) LA (Unit 001) will teach you the skills and knowledge required to successfully locate and avoid underground utilities apparatus and highway services to the standards of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
Cat & Genny Training Courses
The Cat & Genny course will provide theory and practical instruction in order to provide the essential knowledge to safely and correctly operate a Cable Avoidance Tool (CAT) along with a Signal Generator (GENNY) when tracing underground services to meet the guidance from HSG 47 for Avoiding Danger from Underground Services.
NRSWA/Cat & Genny Courses In A Modern & Professional Training Venue
We ensure our training venue’s are to a high standard as we believe this is equally important for our delegate’s learning experience.
Our venues always provide;
- an unlimited supply of refreshments
- good transportation links
- onsite or nearby parking
- a modern & professional training venue
Our trainer’s at Project Skills Solutions are fully qualified and trained to deliver our health and safety courses. With extensive experience in the industry and years of teaching, our trainer’s provide highly informative courses, whilst being interactive and enjoyable. Our courses are carefully panned out as our trainer’s follow the NRSWA course guidelines to ensure our delegates gain the most from their learning experience, whilst adding their own unique flare which what makes our courses not only knowledgeable, but also an enjoyable experience.
NRSWA LA (Unit 1) Course Content
- Responsibility Under Health & Safety at Work Act
- Responsibility To Work Under HSG47
- Obtaining & Understanding Utilities Drawings
- Use of Locating Cat & Genny or Similar
- Careful Excavation
Cat & Genny Training Course Content
- Relevant Health & Safety Legislation
- Understanding Site Plans & Hazard Avoidance
- Safe Systems of Work & Digging Practices
- Pre-use Tests, Maintenance & Operational Techniques For Equipment
Your assessment will be carried via training only (attendance), integrated training and assessment (ITA) and training and assessment.
Please note it is of high importance to bring the following items with you on your course as it will not be provided for you.
- Fluorescent Long-Sleeve Jacket
- Safety Boots
- Hard Hat