CITB SMSTS – Barnsley
Barnsley rated 4.72 stars by reviews.co.uk based on 691 customer reviews
The 5-day SMSTS training course teaches site managers, agents and supervisors to manage health and safety on-site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role.
SMSTS In Barnsley
Our course in Barnsley starts at 8:30 and should finish around 16:30 depending on class size and how the day progresses. Lunch is not provided on our SMSTS course in Barnsley. There are, however, places nearby to purchase lunch. There is a supermarket within walking distance from the training centre. The course is classroom-based, and all materials and course fees are included in the price.
The SMSTS course aims to help site managers and supervisor to:
- Manage health and safety on-site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare, and
- Recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
SMSTS Course Content
- Course overview
- Implementing health and safety legislation
- Managers’ and supervisors’ responsibilities
- Site briefing
- Site layout
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2007
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces