I work on the road doing drop kerbing; which NRSWA units do I need?
If you are doing drop kerbing, you will need to complete the full course. This is because you will need to cat scan the area before you start digging, then sign out the area so you are safely protected and excavate and then reinstate.
The full course units are listed below;
- Unit 001 location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Unit 002 signing lighting and guarding
- Unit 003 excavation in the highway
- Unit 004 reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 005 reinstatement & compaction of sub-base & road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Unit 006 reinstatement in cold-lay bituminous materials
- Unit 007 reinstatement in hot-lay bituminous materials
- Unit 009 reinstatement of modular surfaces & concrete footways
The NRSWA Operative training runs as a 5-day block, running Monday to Friday. At each location, we run different units so the cost and unit combination varies. You can find the course closest operative course to you by searching here and you can search for the closest supervisor course by searching here. You can book courses direct on our website or if you would prefer you can call our training team on 0800 0213 263 and book over the phone.
Our NRSWA training locations are as follows;
- East London
- North London
- West Sussex
- West Lothian
If you have any questions about units you can call us for details or you can search the FAQ tabs on the training course page which you are looking on.
PSS Training Team
0800 0213 263