What is the Temporary Works Supervisor Course?
A Temporary Works Supervisor ensures the safe application and operation of temporary works on a construction site. Temporary Works Supervisors will oversee the installation, use and removal of temporary works, will conduct regular inspections and checks of the temporary works and provide guidance and instruction to workers involved in the temporary works.
By the end of the Temporary Works Supervisor course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a Temporary Works Supervisor and you will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively oversee temporary works and contribute to a safe and successful construction project.
What will I learn on the Temporary Works Supervisor Course?
You will cover the following content on the CITB Temporary Works Supervisor Course:
- The need for and the duties of a Temporary Works Supervisor
- Other key roles involved in temporary works
- Using the temporary works code of practice in relation to the role
- Typical documents used in temp works
- Other legislation and guidance with regards to temporary works
- The importance of the 4Cs: communication, coordination, cooperation and competence
- Risk management
For a full list of the course objectives, see the Course Content.
Who is the Temporary Works Supervisor Course for?
The Temporary Works Supervisor Course is aimed at those who have, or want to have, a supervisory role in temporary works on construction sites.
The CITB Temporary Works Supervisor Course is a 1-day course.
Mandatory entry requirements
You will need to be able to read and write English to complete this course, there are no other formal requirements.