The 1 day Temporary Works General Awareness course will provide you with the awareness and knowledge of temporary works. Including what constitutes temporary works, how they are used, safety important, common issues and more.
Temporary Works Awareness overview
The course is accredited by CITB who have developed the syllabus to promote safer temporary works on sites around the UK. The CITB’s goal is to raise awareness of temporary works and their dangers throughout the industry. Improving safety standards for all.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for those in a temporary works role, but not those in the Temporary Works Coordinator (TWC) or Supervisor (TWS) role. It’d be ideal for anyone that works closely with temporary works to raise awareness of the dangers involved.
Examples of people who might be ideal for the course include:
- Those involved in the temporary works process but not a TWC or TWS
- Directors, managers, site supervisors, estimators, planners, procurement, commercial managers, project leads
- Health and safety professionals
- Delegates undertaking a graduate development programme
- Those not directly from a civil engineering background or building sectors but may use temporary works. Mechanical and electrical contractors, local authority building maintenance, utility companies etc
- Delegates who have come into the construction industry from other industries
- Foreign contractors who may wish to learn from UK best practice
- Permanent works designers
- People from the training industry
- Salespeople from equipment or plant suppliers