What is the CITB SSSTS Refresher Course?
If you have previously completed the SSSTS course, your certificate will expire after 5 years. To renew your qualification, you need to complete a SSSTS refresher course. After completing this course you will have updated your knowledge and skills that are needed to effectively supervise and manage safety on construction sites.
Your CITB SSSTS course certificate will be renewed and valid for 5 years.
What will I learn on the CITB SSSTS Refresher Course?
You will cover the following content on the CITB SSSTS Refresher course:
- Reinforce your knowledge on health and safety law and regulations that apply to the construction industry and your legal responsibilities as a site supervisor or manager
- Reviewing how to promote a positive health and safety culture on site and your role in maintaining high standards
- Review the principles of risk assessment and importance of hazard identification
- Review techniques for assessing and controlling risks on construction sites
- Refresh skills needed to conduct effective 'toolbox talks', safety briefings and clear instructions
- Industry update on developments related to health and safety in the construction sector
You will be encouraged to share your experiences, challenges and successes with other supervisors and managers so that you can learn from each other.
For a full list of the course objectives, see the Course Content.
The CITB SSSTS Refresher Course is a 1-day course.
Mandatory entry requirements
You will need to have completed the SSSTS course and still have a certificate in date, otherwise you will need to complete the full 2-day course again. You must also be able to read and write English to complete this course.