What ID can I use for my CITB course?
When you attend a CITB Site Safety Plus course you need provide a form of photographic ID such as:
- Passport: A valid passport of any nationality of the delegate – must not be more than 6 months out of date
- Photo Card Driving Licence: A valid UK only driving licence with a photograph of the delegate – must not be more than 6 months out of date
- Non UK Driving Licence: Showing a photograph of the delegate – must not be more than 6 months out of date
- Work ID Card: Showing a photograph of the delegate – must not be more than 6 months out of date (if applicable) and refer to the delegates present employer
- EU Country ID Card: Showing a photograph of the delegate – must be no more than 6 months out of date
- CITB Scheme Card: Showing a photograph of the delegate – must be no more than 6 months out of date. Acceptable CITB Scheme cards include CSCS, CPCS, CISRS
- Student ID Card: Showing a photograph of the delegate, as well as year of study (e.g. 2018/2019 or expiration date and name of the institution of study) – must be no more than 6 months out of date
- Citizen Card: Showing a photograph of the delegate and be no more than 6 months out of date
- Proof of Age Card: Cards issued nationally in the UK by VALIDATE UK, bearing the PASS hologram bearing a photograph of the delegate
- Young Scots Card: Showing a photograph of the delegate – must be no more than 6 months out of date
- British Armed Forces Card/Veterans Card: Showing a photograph of the delegate and for an employee or former employee of the Armed Forces only (not a dependent or spouse) – must be no more than 6 months out of date
If a delegate does not hold any of the above ID documents they will need to complete a waiver form.
What happens if I get a lower than 69% score?
If your score is 69% (24 correct answers out of 30) or less in the final examination, you must attend the full SMSTS course again before you can re-sit the examination.
What happens if I fail the SMSTS exam and trainer review.
If you have passed the trainer’s review and gained between 71%–77% (25 to 27 out of 30) in the examination or achieved the 80% pass rate but failed the safety critical questions, you may re-sit a different examination.
What is the pass mark for the Virtual SMSTS course exam ?
It’s the same as the classroom-based course the examination pass mark is 80% (28 out of 35).
How long does the SMSTS Site Management exam last?
The exam lasts 30 minutes, the first 20 minutes is a closed book exam (which means you can not use any supporting materials, such as the workbook, to help you answer the questions) and in the last 10 minutes of the exam you can look in the ‘Construction Site Safety – The comprehensive guide’ (GE700) publication and the ‘Construction Site Management Delegate Workbook (XA6) (PDF).
What do I have to do to complete the exercise?
You will be given site drawings, multiple scenarios and drawing description/overview that you must complete generally as group exercises. The 4 exercises you must complete consist of:
Exercise 1 – Implementing health and safety legislation.
Exercise 2 – Manager and supervisor responsibilities.
Exercise 3 – Site briefing.
Exercise 4 – Site layout.
What does the trainer review involve ?
The trainer will review your participation using three elements
1. Did you work well as part of the team during the exercise?
2. Have you actively engaged with the course and the group?
3. Have you completed the four exercises?
When will my CITB certificate expire?
The CITB Site Safety Plus suite of courses have 5 year expiry dates on their certificates. This includes the following courses delivered by Project Skills Solutions:
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Temporary Works Coordinator
- SSSTS Refresher
- SMSTS Refresher
Can I have help with any reading or writing?
If you have any concerns about possible assistance you might need during the course or assessment, contact one of our team using the online chat, by phone (0800 0213 263) or email us to discuss what your options are, as there are some courses that can not offer assistance without applying to the awarding body in advance of the course. If you think that you will need support with reading or writing, please let our team know as soon as possible before the course starts, so that we can make suitable arrangements for you.
What time does the course start?
Our course start times vary by location, usually between 8:00am – 9:30am if you would like to know the start time of a specific course please ask on the chat you’ll get an answer straight away.
How much is training in my area?
If you use the search bar on our homepage or click on the upcoming course page, then type in your location and the closest training centre will show with prices, dates and availability. Or if you would prefer, call the training team on 0800 0213 263.
How long is the SMSTS examination?
The examination for the SMSTS qualification is 30 minutes long.
How long does my SMSTS certificate last?
SMSTS certificates are valid for 5 years.
Does the course include lunch?
The majority of our courses do not include lunch. Once you have booked your course, you will receive joining instructions which will state whether or not lunch is provided.
If you would like to know if your course includes lunch before booking, contact one of our team using the online chat, by phone (0800 0213 263) or email us.
How long are the course days?
Course start and finish times will be provided on your joining instructions, generally courses start at 9:30am and finish at 4:00pm but this varies based on course and location. If you need to know the time of your course before booking, please contact us.
Can I cancel my booking?
We require 21 days’ notice before the course is due to start for all cancellations, if you cancel between 15 and 21 days before the course is due to start we can refund 60% of your course fee. Unfortunately, if you do not give us at least 15 days’ notice we cannot guarantee any of your course fees will be refunded.
We will try everything we can to recover your course fee, including selling your course place to another delegate, where in this instance, we can recover your course fee. Where a cancelation is requested outside of the 21 days’ notice required, these are handled on a case by case basis. If you would like to read our terms and conditions, these can be downloaded here.
Is the course guaranteed to run?
The very nature of these training courses mean we need a minimum number of people for the course to run. This is both to make it financially viable as well as promoting a good environment for learning.
We do our best to never cancel courses and it is rare that we do.
If you are worried about a course being cancelled, speak to our team and they will be happy to tell you how many people are booked on and the likelihood your course will be cancelled/moved.
Where are you based?
The PSS head office is in Basildon, Essex, but we have training centres/ locations UK wide.
How do I contact you?
You can speak to our team on the website chat or call us on 0800 0213 263 8:00am – 5:00pm. Alternatively you can email us at [email protected]
I’m confused as to what course I need?
If you are confused about courses, you can call 0800 0213 263 and speak to our training team today.
Who is Marvin?
Marvin is our quackers little duck, he is here to help.
Don’t forget ‘Don’t Duck Out of Training….’
I have a group of delegates can a course be tailored to my companies needs?
Yes we can get the trainer to tailor the course content to the specific needs of clients.
I have a group of delegates can a trainer come to me?
In most cases yes we can send trainers to your site. The only scenario when we can’t is if the training has to be completed at an accredited centre. This is the case with NRSWA training.
Does the price include the certificates?
All of our prices include all the certification and/or cards for the course, there are no added extras for any certificates or registration.
I can’t find the full address for the training location on your website?
The full address will be sent out once your booking is confirmed, our team can tell you where the course is but we don’t give out exact addresses as delegates have arrived at courses without their booking being confirmed and have been disappointed.