The Site Management Safety Training Scheme – Refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the full SMSTS course, or a refresher course.
The course includes a wide range of topics, many building on the previous course programme.
Taught over 2 days the SMSTS Refresher course re-introduces you to your key responsibilities and accountability for the site health, safety, welfare and the environment.
- Current trends within the HSE direction of enforcement
- Recent developments in construction, legislation, health and safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practices
Objectives, to be aware of:
- All updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- New guidance and industry best practice
- Their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
You must take this course before your existing SMSTS certificate expires. If you do not, then you’ll have to take the full course again. (There was a 6 month grace period, but that is no longer in place as of 1st January 2016)
You must also have a good understanding of written and spoken English, if you have any questions or concerns regarding this please get in touch.
Assessment and Exams
Assessment is determined in the following areas
- Full attendance of all training course sessions
- Performance in each of the four core exercises
- An overall review by the course tutor
- A pass mark in the 50 question multi-choice paper
Upon completion of the course you will gain a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate, recognised by the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKGC) as meeting the standard for all managers working on UKGC sites.