What is the CITB SMSTS Refresher Course?
If you have previously completed the SMSTS course, your certificate will expire after 5 years. To renew your qualification, you need to complete a SMSTS refresher course. After completing this course you will have updated your knowledge and skills relating to the key responsibilities and accountabilities for members of the construction site Management team.
Your CITB SMSTS course certificate will be renewed and valid for 5 years.
What will I learn on the CITB SMSTS Refresher Course?
You will cover the following content on the CITB SMSTS Refresher course:
- Recent developments in construction, legislation, health and safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Current trends within the HSE direction of enforcement
- Measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practices
- Updates in industrial best practice and any new guidance
- Refresh your knowledge on the responsibilities of a manager with regards to health, safety welfare and the environment
You will be encouraged to share your experiences, challenges and successes with other managers so that you can learn from each other.
For a full list of the course objectives, see the Course Content.
The CITB SMSTS Refresher Course is a 2-day course.
Mandatory entry requirements
You will need to have completed the SMSTS course and still have a certificate in date, otherwise you will need to complete the full 5-day course again. You must also be able to read and write English to complete this course.