The Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing training course from IOSH puts the focus on employee wellbeing and creating a culture to improve your organisations mental health.
Modern health and safety courses touch on mental health in the workplace, but with more and more research showing just how big an impact mental health issues are having on business success, managers need effective training to allow them to push your culture, and your business performance, forwards.
Why this course?
The IOSH report ‘The Healthy Profit’ found that sickness absence due to mental ill health alone costs the UK economy more than £8billion per year. This course is a great first step to improving your organisation culture around mental ill health, reducing the cost of mental ill health to your business, while promoting healthier staff.
If you’re looking to get the benefits of a course focussed on improving the health and wellbeing of your staff, choose a course approved by one of the largest health and safety bodies in the world, and developed with help from the Faculty of Occupational Health Nursing Development Group.
Who is it for?
- Anyone in, or about to be in, a management or supervisor role
- Any industry
- No entry requirements
The course isn’t industry-specific; it teaches managers and supervisors about the importance of wellbeing in the workplace, and how to improve health and wellbeing in your organisation.
Benefits for Your Business
- Practical advice and tools for managers to create a healthy and productive place of work
- Improved health and wellbeing awareness across the organisation
- Fewer hours lost due to ill-health and reduced presenteeism, resulting in greater productivity
- Internationally recognised certification for managers and supervisors
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain, with customers and other stakeholders
IOSH courses aim to give delegates some practical skills to take back to the workplace and implement immediately.
The knowledge and awareness gained through this wellbeing training course will filter through your organisation.
How many hours are staff members at work but not performing their best because of mental health strains they are trying to deal with. Learn how to alleviate these pressures to improve the wellbeing of your team and increase performance.
IOSH is recognised around the world and is one of the leading bodies working towards advancing the health, safety and wellbeing of people in the workplace.
The last few years has seen a surge in mental health awareness as people start to realise just how big a problem mental ill health can be to people and organisations as a whole. As your supply chain and customers become more aware of this, you as a business need to stay relevant.
Benefits for You the Delegate
- Ensures you can manage health risks
- Ensure you understand your own responsibilities for health and wellbeing and why it makes good business sense
- Manage fluctuations in people’s health status and assess fitness for work
- Empowers you to measure your own performance and the performance of the company as a whole
Understand health risks beyond the obvious risks to employee’s safety.
Where do you, the manager come in, and how can taking an active interest in your team’s wellbeing bring you better results.
You’ll examine the different types of non-work related conditions and how they can affect performance and fitness for work.
Put together a health risk assessment across five health hazard categories and come back to work with an action plan to monitor health risks.
- 1 day classroom based tuition, you’ll learn alongside others sharing their own experiences
- IOSH validation
- Moderation and assessment fees
- Refreshments and lunch (subject to venue)
- All materials