CPCS Appointed Persons: Lifting Operations Course
The 4 or 5-day CPCS Appointed Persons course will will teach managers and supervisors their responsibilities around lifting operations and how to fulfil them safely and effectively.
If you already hold the CPCS Code A40 Slinger/Signaller, you will also achieve the CPCS Code A62 Crane Supervisor qualification.
Knowledge and skills covered on the Appointed Person course will include:
- The roles and responsibilities of an appointed person
- Understand the relevant health and safety legislation and regulations
- Understand the principles of a risk assessment and the importance of safe system of work
- Plan and organise lifting operation
- Monitoring and supervise lifting operations
- Effective communication with other members of the team
- Identify and manage hazards and risks
Foundation training courses are for managers and supervisors that are beginners or those with some experience of planning lifting operations. You should have some knowledge of how to plan a safe lifting operation. These courses run over 4 or 5 days.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test (managers and professionals level) passed no more than two years before the course start date
- You should have sufficient experience of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
If you have any questions about the Appointed Person course, please contact a member of our team by phone, speak to us on the chat, or send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.