What is SEATS Training?
By completing the CITB SEATS (Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme) training course, you'll understand all relevant legislation that affects the environment in the building and construction industry. With the knowledge that the SEATS course will provide you with, you will be able to identify, control and reduce the environmental impact of your work. Subcontractors are often asked to prove to major contractors their understanding of their environmental impact and their dedication to reducing that impact. The CITB SEATS course covers the environmental aspects of the new HS&E touch screen test and will give you the proof you need for major contractors of your environmental knowledge.
Your CITB SSSTS course certificate will be renewed and valid for 5 years.
Who is SEATS Training for?
The CITB Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) course is designed for supervisors or those about to step into a supervisory role.
What will I learn on SEATS training?
You will cover the following content on the CITB SEATS course:
- supervise and protect the environment through legal provisions
- protect the eco-system – the relationships and interactions between animals, plants (flora and fauna) and organisms and their environment
- follow environmental management systems and processes to mitigate environmental damage
- play their part in reducing statutory nuisance and disturbance to neighbours
- manage the impact that archaeology and heritage can have on construction
- control water consumption and reduce the impact construction has on natural water supplies
- implement control measures to prevent the pollution of watercourses
- identify ethically sourced timber though the chain-of-custody entering site
- identify, control and manage contamination on brownfield sites
- classify, segregate and properly dispose of waste
The CITB SEATS training is a 1-day course.
Mandatory entry requirements
You must also be able to read and write English to complete this course.