The CITB Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) course is designed for supervisors or those about to step into a supervisory role.
By completing the CITB SEATS course, you'll understand all relevant legislation that affects the environment in the building and construction industry.
To help construction supervisors to:
- supervise and protect the environment through legal provisions
- protect the eco-system – the relationships and interactions between animals, plants (flora and fauna) and organisms and their environment
- follow environmental management systems and processes to mitigate environmental damage
- play their part in reducing statutory nuisance and disturbance to neighbours
- manage the impact that archaeology and heritage can have on construction
- control water consumption and reduce the impact construction has on natural water supplies
- implement control measures to prevent the pollution of watercourses
- identify ethically sourced timber though the chain-of-custody entering site
- identify, control and manage contamination on brownfield sites
- classify, segregate and properly dispose of waste.