As you may or may not know 2010 has bought changes to the New Roads and Street Works Training, and there are more changes coming at the end of 2010 and beginning of 2011.
We have outlined some of the changes below:
- Anyone completing unit 2 or 10 (after April 2010) now automatically receives a street works card. Anyone who completed the training prior April 2010 will need to send an application for SWQR with the unit certificate. You can contact them on 0141 242 2239 for more information
- If applications for existing unit 2 or 10 cards are not received by April 1st 2011 the qualification will need to be re-sat.
- SWQR cards for the full course can be renewed in the normal way until April 2011.
- Cards which expire between April 2011 and October 2011 will need to be renewed before April 1st 2011, otherwise, delegates will need to re-do the whole NRSWA course.
- For cards which expire after October 2011 a full re-assessment will need to be taken.
- At the moment there is no re-assessment, delegates just phone and renew their cards.
- As from April 2011 no person will be allowed to erect, alter or dismantle any signage on highways without having the unit 2 qualification. This is still yet to be decided whether it will extend to every person working on the highways.
- Not sure how these changes will affect your employees? Call us on 0800 0213 263 for further information.
Full details of the course range can be found by visiting our website: www.projss.co.uk
Any questions get in touch!